Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
l33t-g4m3r

corrupt downloaded files

i have a 56k modem,..... yes it is slow, but i just cant afford dsl or cable.

the problem im having is that i have just downloaded the new counter strike update over 300 megs which took forever btw, and the file is corrupt!

is there anyway i can just find the error and redownload the missing part?

I doubt that it's possible, but you could try something if the server you downloaded from resumes a download.

If the file you downloaded is a compressed one you can try to extract at least a part of files with a program like winrar. The amount of files you can extract gives you the idea where the error is.

BTW if there is a school library an internet cafe or maybe a good friend that has a faster internet connection and a CD burner I'd recommend downloading there.

Yes but even if it's an exe it's probably compressed. So you can try to open it with winrar.

Can you post a link to that file?

make sure u r using a download manager which doesn't use multiple sources for downloading files. it may be a little faster but there is a higher chance of ur download getting corrupted.

Start winrar. File -> open. File type, all files and select the file.

EDIT:

You probably wanna know what i'm up to. I'm downloading the file myself and then we're both gonna make a multivolume archive of the file. Then we're gonna compare the checksums of the volumes and hopefully find the part where the error lies.