Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CyberGenX

Need help with FTP

I am running Windows2003 with BulletFTP Server. I can login into the FTP server through an actual client but NOT from I.E. !!!! I try the "Login-As" feature but it keeps rejecting me. Anyone have a clue as to why this is happening.

My goal is to create an FTP server that I can provide links to from various websites. I want a person to just be able to click on a file link and have it start downloading from FTP.

for most compatibility you probably need to have passive ftp enabled. (IE will use passive by default)

If your server is behind a router/firewall, this may not be possible, unless you run it DMZ.

Yeah it's enabled still nothing. Guess I will have to find another way to do it without DMZ. I don't want this machine totally exposed.

Yeah it's enabled still nothing. Guess I will have to find another way to do it without DMZ. I don't want this machine totally exposed.

I've never used BulletFTP Server, but I would assume it's got some kind of history or log... See what the server thinks is going on when IE tries to connect.