Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ofelas

SAV Corporate 8.1 and Live Update

Hi,

Let me start by saying I'm used to NAV 2003 using Live Update 1.9 to auto check for definitions & program updates all by itself-it generally kept my anti-virus definitions current (at least 2 days prior to the current date).

I now use SAV Corporate 8.1 which has Live Update 1.8. It failed to run Live Update at the default setting of every Friday at 8pm. So I changed it to check daily at 8pm, with 'handle missed events within 8 hours' enabled.

Still no luck-I was now 15 days behind in anti-virus definitions, so i manually installed Live Update 1.9 from the Symantec download page.

Still no luck after 8 days, so I manually ran Live Update from the SAV Corporate Console - it finally downloaded anti-virus definitions.

Do I have to manually run Live Update every couple days? If so, what gives with the 'Auto Update' feature? It worked under NAV 2003, so what gives with SAV Corporate 8.1?

Thanks,

Chip

sapiens74-so no option except to manually hit the Live Update button on SAV Corporate?

Any benefit to upgrading to Live Update 2.0 as opposed to the built in Live Update 1.80.19?

Thanks!

Hey All,

I'm running NAV Corp 7.6 and found that it wasn't always getting the latest updates on it's own.

I resorted to switching off auto update and created a scheduled 'manual' update in the Windows Scheduler. This operation is the same as running LiveUpdate yourself.

Not sure if this holds true for the newer versions, but it's worth a try I suppose;

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2002082005441848

Thanks; now if my system is off during the scheduled time, how do i set the options for "repeat for certain amount of minutes until etc. etc."?

I guess SAV Corporate doesn't use NetDetect like NAV 2003...

I'm not sure this will help any further, but my preferred way of depolying a SAV solution is to have AV servers, and AV clients. SAV Corporate Edition has always provided a fairly easy way to do this. In my situation, there is one "Primary Server". All definitions are dowloaded to my primary server daily at a specified time. It is then the responsibility of my primary server to distribute the updated definitions to its clients.

I've been using this setup for about 4 years and have not once had a problem.