Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

Need to make a Proxy Server

So, where do i start?

i only need it for a week or so.

what is a quick way to do this?

can i do it with out uising MS Proxy 2 or the newest one they have out?

are there other options that will let me run a secure proxy server?

Do you need logging? Do you need to restrict access based on users or groups? Do you need to have more than 5 clients copnecting?

If the answer to all these 3 questions is no, then 2000 or XP or 2003 Internet conection sharing will work perfectly......

Proxy 2.0 is the old m$ one, the new one is called ISA server. cost a fortune. (unless you have it handy already.......

might wanna check out www.sygate.com

also www.nat32.org

kew yeah forgot to answer those ones.

It will only be me who needs access

logging is not need

no groups or anythng fancy.

basically i need to be able to connect to our companys main servers while i am @ my g/f so i can spend x-mas with her and not have to run home every time something goes wrong.

shall check out the links!

why don't you try realVNC or or winvnc or Radmin?

All those programs enable you to log on to a remote computer and use it like it was your own.

^^^ i was thinking that.

basically our server only allow access from our main office IP address.

i was just going to remote into my system here , and then remote again into our server.

but the issue is that we use netop remote control - and it does not allow you to remote connect to one system - then use the program from that same machine.

so i would have to

remote to my system - vns to another system - then remote from that system to our main server.

i will only be ona 256kb / 128kb cable connection so all that remoting will be slow as heck!

i figure just be easier to connect via proxy and go through our ip and out instead of having to remote via 2 other computers.