Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lotus

Small Ping Program or Batch file needed.

Well I guess I don't always work in a tactful manner myself. I call them as I see them but like you I also have made waves in the past so I pick and choose my battles now, it's too bad this happens but the politics of the situation warrant this kind of behavior sometimes frown

Great! I'll go download them now. I'll keep you posted if I find anything else. Thx

Is it possible to have the programs log viewer refresh the window everytime a new ping takes place? I noticed I have to re-view the log file to get the new pings to show. An auto refreshing log view window would kick butt.

Sort of like:

Ping { If (Log View Active) { ping routine | refresh } | else { Ping routine } }

You get the idea

If you can't or don't have time I understand. Can't have everything =)

As a side note, I am writing you a new frontend script for mirc intergration. mIRC scripting is something I have done for years and am really good at. It will consist of error checking, on load events, dialog UI and more. If you decide not to use it, thats fine too. I just figured it's the least I could do since you made such quick changes to suit my needs within the APKping32 app.

Regards,

Scott / Lotus

Quote:

Ok, that is possible to have autorefresh... other neat things are being built into it, see your "PM"... autorecreation of logfile too.

(In other words yes... it is there created FRESH at program start, but... what if someone OR something destroys the APKPingLog.txt file? It now has a function that recreates it 'on-the-fly' too!)

I will work on that + a checkbox option (another one) that allows auto-reload of the viewer for the log & when you go to that panel, it will be there visible & autoup[censored] (+ visible if that checkbox is ticked off, & of course, will save it for subsequent runs as well like other optional settings have already)

Sounds like your getting excited about all this smile This program is becoming full of great features!

Quote:

* How is it working though, timed pings and all?

So far it has done as expected. Everythings working like a charm, have it running right now actually. I love the fact it is barely using any resources. I am finding it extremely useful.. ty

- Lotus

hehe, I hear you on the tired thing! I just got done moving 2 friends. Was about an 8 hour move.

As far as my name goes...it's: Scott Keene

I look forward to testing new release!

*Heads for bed*

- Lotus

Quote:

Ok, I managed to get "Scott/Lotus" in the 'Special Credits' section in the HELP menu in the release YOU are using NOW...

I will put in your FULL name (along w/ jmmijo & duhmez who already is listed in the APK Registry Cleaning Engine 2002++ SR-6 since version SR-5, in the final release this summer's edition SR-6 of the toolset in its entirety) in the help file system in the integrator, which again, will have detailed .mht archived help files for each application (the way a finished product should!)

Thank you, I'm glad I could lend a tiny hand.

Quote:

... that version WILL have your drop menu for last/recently ping'd remote systems/connections.

Great!!!

Quote:

* Other than that, I am wondering if it is time to do a post on the front page for the entire toolset to download from Torry's Delphi Programming pages, or @ Borland where it is featured for download?

Yes it is!

If you ever need someone to beta test a program for you, let me know.

smile

Regards,

- Scott / Lotus

APK,

Just had a small window pop up..it says;

"Hi I am working"

with an OK button under it. The title is your ping program =)

Wasn't sure if it was part of some testing code. I can tell you the program was running in the systray only. It had just done a timed ping. (Set for every hour)

Just wanted to let you know =)

Excellent! I have a new idea for your next big release this summer. (If you care to hear it)

Scheduled Pings (Works with timed pings) Have a start time and Stop time: (Including start/stop dates)

For example:

(Timed Ping Set to Every 1 Hour)

Pings start at 7:30am on 12/29/03 and ping every hour until set stop time on 12/29/03 at 4:30 pm.

You get the idea. Multiple scheduled tasks might be nice also =)

I know, I know, want want want. wink

Like I said, maybe something to think about for your next big release.

*gulp*

Noticed something APK, The refresh rate for the log view is to quick. I can't scroll down to check out the log. It keeps bouncing me back to the top =\ Sorry I didn't notice it sooner, but I didn't have enough pings logged TO notice.

Regards,

- Scott / Lotus

Great! Downloading now...

Two quick thanks need to go out. First off to you APK for taking the time to do this. I really appreciate it. Great program! Also thank you for adding me in the credits, unexpected but appreciated.

And second, to jmmijo. Thanks for moving the files around and getting them ready for d/l. You never once got impatient, and always had stuff moved before I even had a chance to get them downloaded.

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Great! Downloading now...

Two quick thanks need to go out. First off to you APK for taking the time to do this. I really appreciate it. Great program! Also thank you for adding me in the credits, unexpected but appreciated.

And second, to jmmijo. Thanks for moving the files around and getting them ready for d/l. You never once got impatient, and always had stuff moved before I even had a chance to get them downloaded.

Thanks guys!

You're welcome, glad I could be of assistance laugh

Course I have to rib APK for his endless updates to all three packages laugh

I have the same problem described in this thread. I'm trying to do a ping to our VPN and I did it with a BAT file and a schedule task. The only problem I have is that this BAT file needs to be run every 15 minutes and it is really anoying for my users to see the MSDOS window pop-up every 15 minutes. I have tried everything and still can make the (schedule) BAT run minimized,

Originally posted by srocha:

Quote:
I have the same problem described in this thread. I'm trying to do a ping to our VPN and I did it with a BAT file and a schedule task. The only problem I have is that this BAT file needs to be run every 15 minutes and it is really anoying for my users to see the MSDOS window pop-up every 15 minutes. I have tried everything and still can make the (schedule) BAT run minimized,

You can either set the properties of the .BAT file to "Run Minimized" (so it runs on the taskbar), or set the scheduled task to run as a different user (where the user won't see anything happening).

I would recommend you check out APKs ping program. It runs silently in the background and does everything you would need it to do.

If you want to try it, send me an e-mail at lotus4669@adelphia.net and I will send it to you.

- Lotus