Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dave.green1

Files and Settings Transfer wizard Viewer

Hey Guys,

I am doing an upgrade of our building and I am using M$ wonderful FASTWIZ tool to retain data. However, one of the files I need for a user is corrupted and it won't transfer. I am wondering if anyone has seen a program that will allow me to open the file and extract the contents from it.

Many big thanks in advance.

Dave

Hey I need help with this too. My File and Settings Transfer Wizard .dat (image) file is unusable. I tried ALL the FASTCONV stuff you can find on the net and that doesn't work.

There seems to be an accompanying "status" file (at least, sometimes) that is needed for the .dat file to be usable. I have no such file, if it was generated originally, it's gone now. I have tried status files generated on other machines, it doesn't work. The status file is binary and not hacked, although I'll bet a genius could disassemble it, and edit it to match the unusable .dat file, and put it back together, and it would render the .dat file usable (again). Maybe!

Also, what is this about a file and settings transfer wizard .dat file VIEWER!?!?!?!?! Please point me to this, if it exists!

ssalemi@earthlink.net

www.computer-guru.com