Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Deftones

Wireless network

hey guys, i have a question. ME and a friend are trying to connect our computers wirelessly, the problem is that we live about 300 yards away from each other. so my question is, is there any way we can connect computers wirelessly? with out spending thousands of dollars.

Me: winxp,

he: 98

Accually it depends how far you are talking. You might be able to get NICs with external antena hookups and set the antena outside of the house to get connected IF it is not that far. If it is too far for that then you could make directional antena out of pringle cans but will let you know that doing this is illegal accourding to the FCC. ;(

lol cantena, pringles can!

thanks, im going to give it a try, ill tell you guys how it goes when we are finished!

Quote:
Is there any way we can connect computers wirelessly? with out spending thousands of dollars?
Yes, a Breezecom rig would work perfectly...providing you have a fairly decent line-of-site. I bought one and installed it between 2 buildings, took only a few hours to install and works perfectly. Here's a link to an ebay auction with the entire kit, which is both radios, antennas, cables, power adapters, etc...

Breezecom setup

Let me know if you need any help, there's actually not much to it.