Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ofelas

Norton/Symantec Corporate 8.xx

How exactly does this scan e-mails on a standalone workstation in Outlook 2003?

I use NAV 2003, which catches plenty of SWEN attachments daily, and strips/deletes them before i even read my e-mails.

Does the Corp. version (Client Edition) painlessly scan my incoming POP3 mail for infected attachments?

Thanks in advance...

Ofelas,

No Corp does not do a real time scan of POP3 as they are recieved.

It will only scan attachment once executed.

A shortfall yes....however it uses alot less CPU cycles and less RAM while it's running.

NAV 2004 Pro has become bloatware.

cheers

da' wook

Agreed

I went from Norton AV2003 which I couldnt run in the background to Symantec 8.0 and it's way better,

Then Again I have exchange server scanning

dido - norton corp 8.1 i am using - i dont mind that is catches a virus once i open and email - as long as it catches it.

this is especially useful when i have not checked my email for a few days and have a few hundred - copr. does not take an hour to scan them all.

Thanks, all;

I uninstalled NAV Pro 2003 & installed a work copy of SAV Corporate Client 8.1 on my standalone machine; it seems to catch viruses within Outlook 2003 when I highlight the message header (the reading pane is active) even before I click on the attachment (not that I would click on attachments smile

So far I'm pleased...one last question - under realtime scanning, advanced options, I have enabled the "modified-scan on create" instead of the default " accessed or Modified' as i find performance is far better while copying files/folders within my machine. surely, even with this setting I chose, files would still be checked when executed/opened as long as they are on the executable list?

Thanks, and regards...