Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
felix

Matrix Revolution (likely spoliers)

Righto,

Finally got around to seeing this film and whilst I enjoyed the senseless violence in the form of Mechwarrior and the fact that Nyobi flies one mean hovership I thought it should have been longer and taken the time to explain some things further.

Plus I found the sugary love-scenes to be too drawn out - wasting time.

I only have two things that need clarification and they are:

Firstly, the train station.

They said it was where the two worlds could cross-over or something like that, however wasn't the little girl and her parents programs rather than people in the Matrix so really they were going back to the world that they came from. Although she may be able to be hidden.

Next comes the ending.

As Smith was the Anti-Neo and they are both resulting from imbalanced equations, thus the remainder is the Oracle (or am I wrong there). As the little girl and Mr Protect-the-oracle-kick-arse also return, I'm not sure I got the right idea. The Architect (who really should have been played by Jason Alexander) says anyone who wishes to leave may do so - so they go off to Zion I assume, but what about programs. Then the Oracle says thay they'll likely see Neo again, so I can only assume that we'll see Smith again.

BTW - the scenes with the Sentinels making the face were very cool.

Let's discuss.

The "Train Station" is likely just that, a gateway or nexus if you will. The cross-over point between what Humans call reality and what for all intents and purposes, the computer AI would call reality.

Perhaps this is too deep but for me it's a matter of perspective. Who's to say what I'm typing now, what is euphamistically called cyberspace is real or am I just halucinating it all or perhaps it some twisted perpective we've not even thought of yet or perhaps.....

Damn I'm off in too many directions now laugh

Back on-topic, this gateway seems to loop upon itself if the correct track is not taken, hence the reason Neo went into the tunnel and ended up back where he started, however, I'm thinking that he should have been able to get in or out as he is "The One" afterall laugh

The ending seems to be a simple logic issue, the AI trying to balance the equation has to have a ying-yang order to things, or good-evil as we humans like to say. Perhaps there is a bug/flaw in the code here that needs to debugging wink It seems that the logic feeds back on itself and you have a temultuous ending like what happened. The end was Neo giving himself up to his Dark side if you will, Agent Smith, so he could basically inoculate the virus that Agent Smith really was.

Ok, this is just how I see it so obviously it's just one lowly opinion laugh

i agree with you jmmijo. i also agree the movie should have explained more. i feel like the ending didn't really move me like it should have. it left a lot questions unanswered.

[spoilersif u have not seen it!!![/b]

this movie sucked..lol

second was okay - too many slow moo scenes.

this one - too much blah blah blah - the action scene were good when they broke into tjhe Dock and they were defending it - but the whole Neo and trin making it to the power area

not to mention the deal that neo made - the machines could take over when ever they want to and neo could not stop them if they wanted to!

and the oracle deal - lets just get a new one and not really tell anyone why!!! and the last fight between neo and agent - a little TOO dramatic!!

Quote:

and the oracle deal - lets just get a new one and not really tell anyone why!!! and the last fight between neo and agent - a little TOO dramatic!!

OK, the reason why is that the actress playing the original Oracle had passed away in between the filiming of Reloaded and Revolutions frown

It makes sense to give the Oracle a new shell so to speak wink

I think the actresses name was Gloria Foster, but I can't remember for sure. Read it someplace online and was saddened to hear about it frown

As for the battle between Neo and Smith, I didn't think it was long enough nor dramatic enough. I could have seen this go on for a lot longer with something new perhaps wink

Quote:
[spoilersif u have not seen it!!![/b]
not to mention the deal that neo made - the machines could take over when ever they want to and neo could not stop them if they wanted to!

However you are missing a major point.
Yes the machiens could have taken over whenever they liked, they had more or less taken Zion and the last of "humanity" was about to be wiped out.
However, and I'm assuming you did listen to Neo when he talked to the machines smile
They were unable to stop Smith.
Smith was not only going to be the end of humanity, he was also going to be the end of the machines.
Only Neo could stop Smith and that is why the deal was struck.
The survival of humanity in return for the survival of the machines.

If the machines had not agreed to the "deal" Neo was proposing then first humanity would have falled, Neo et all.
Then Smith would have destroyed the machines - once again humans needed the machines and the machines needed the humans.

^^^^ i caught that part - but after neo got rid of smith what was stopping the machines from taking over the humans? Nothing - and machines cant be trusted laugh

the machines still needed humans to get energy - so now NEO and that sit by and let that happen?

that is what is messed up - the machines need the humans for power - the humans save the machines - the machines then continue to use the humans for a source of power while the humans do nothing but live on.

UNLESS - in a few years will be a new matrix - one where the humans have grown so large in population that they take on the machine agains - this time they use some machines that fly on the surface - above the clouds laugh so the machines can not get them - or they build flying ships and cities to live above the clouds laugh

Well all Neo asked for in return for stopping Smith was "peace".

Now unless you wanted him to stand there and say:

I want peace.

It must last forever, no waiting until I've killed Smith and then going back on the deal.

I do not class you hunting humans like pigs peace, so you must not kill them.

Maiming them is also not allowed, so let me clarify.

You are not to kill or maim humans, in fact lets get a blanket ban on harming humans in general.

I mean on both a mental and physical level you understand, just because you've promised to not physically hurt them I don't want you making loud noises all night and depriving them of sleep so they all go mad.

Also you are not to scare them, don't creep up on humans and then go all "squid like" and make them run away, I class that as a form of mental torture too and as said above that isn't allowed.

Now you must also stop using the humans as fuel.

I don't just mean close down the fields where you have them all plugged in like batteries and you simply suck up a few to recharge.

I mean fuel in general.

So no rounding them up and throwing them into large generators and using them in fuel that way - that too is not allowed.

Finally you must allow anybody who wants to leave the matrix to do just that.

That doesn't mean dropping them from one matrix into another one where they think they are in reality but are really still hooked up to some super computer.

If you are found doing this you certainly shouldn't then drop them into a third matrix and convince them that is reality just because humans would never suspect a double, double-twist.

Now I've got all this in writing and I've signed here.

I've got it witnessed by two humans, a ghost and something from the matrix.

If you could just form yourselves into a pen or other writing impliment and sign your name here, an x will do if you don't have a name.

Right, I'll just go away and copy that.

The humans will keep one copy and you keep the other and then there can be no arguments.

Right, hook me in baby and I'll go kick Smith's arse!!

I feel that saying all that towards the end of the film quite possibly would have had people walking out smile

Also remember that the actor who would be saying all this is Keanu Reeves - the same actor who has it written into his contract that he gets to say "Whoa" in every film and struggles with words of more than one syllable.