Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
patrickd

Default ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb clock speeds?

Just wondering if anyone knows the default core/memory clock speeds on a made by ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB version.

For some reason this is what powerstrip is saying mine is running at:

Memory clock - 337.50 MHz

Engine clock - 378.00 MHz

Does that memory clock setting look low to anyone

Quote:
For some reason this is what powerstrip is saying mine is running at:

Memory clock - 337.50 MHz
Engine clock - 378.00 MHz

Does that memory clock setting look low to anyone

No cos it's ddr memory so it's 337,5*2=675Mhz

is it "made byt ati" oir "built by ati" if it is made by ati then that means it is a 3rd prty company using the ATI chip and they can set it at what ever they like.

the enw asus ones with 256 are upto 415 and 730 - so u may be able to overclock the card to @ least that.

yes but the new Asus is the XT version, 3Mhz extra core speed over default 9800XT and 10Mhz extra on the RAM, so not much!

Default 9800 pro speeds are 378 Core and 338 RAM, ATI rounds it to 380Core and 340 RAM, but thats is what it really is.

Hello Folks,

So your talking about the Default clock speeds of a Radeon 9800 Pro? Ive got a GeXcube 9800 Pro 128mb card with default clock speeds of 398.3Mhz for the Core and 351Mhz for the Memory. I started to get graphical errors in Windows and couldnt work out why until i found out the proper speeds. Ive used Riva tuner to down clock the rates to 380/340 or as near to it as poss and its been fine ever since. Wierd Default clock speeds tho and no matter what i do even after a refomat the default clock speeds show 398/351 which obviously it couldnt take.

Does anybody know why my card should be doing this?

Thanks