Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vezcu2000

Help! My Radeon 9800 display adapter crashes in Windows XP

I dont know why my Radeon 9800se display adapter card dont work in windows XP

The machine goes tilt after i log into Windows xp. Within 10 seconds

blue screen comes and text with it. It says something like this "stop 0x00"

or alternative trys i have noticed these pieces of text: "win32k.sys" or "ati2vga" etc. Machine keeps tiltíng continually and after that it reboots.

I updated my computer power from 230W to 350W and it didnt work.

I dont know should i change my motherboard (Asrock k7s8x) to another..

I have tried almoust all awailable drivers. I have installed windows xp again, again and again. Nothing changes..

I have also updated bioses for a motherboard and radeon 9800 card

Windows update has completed installing all awailable fixes.

My system is:

AMD +2600xp

Asrock k7s8x

512 DDR

SBlive 5.1

käyttis on Windows xp corporate

Can anyone help me? Have anyone had similiar problems..???

Can you try the card in another computer, one that you know is working fine? There is a possibility that the card itself, or a component of the card, is bad.

Testing in an otherwise known-good PC can help determine that.

Good luck.

I know this is an old thread but just stumbled across it. I had this problem when running UT3 with 9800 PRO. Kept bluescreening on me. I found that my IRQ's (although not conflicting according to Windows XP), were in actual fact... er conflicting!

Radeon always goes for IRQ 16 as did my Belkin USB 2.0 PCI card. If I remove or disable the card, no problem. Not much of a solution but it may well be the problem!

If you get this, please email me to let me know if this helped! roostaar@o2.co.uk

Cheers

Roostaar

hey mate, i think i have the solution. I have the same motherboard as you and am havingthe same problem, the problem is with the motherboard. you need to go onto asrocks website, and then download and flash a new bios to your motherboard, instructions are on the site. You need 2.40 or 2.30 i think, click where it says more for a detailed description of what it corrects, but ati 9800 se cards were an issue with the old bios version, up[censored] it will help. Im at college at the moment so i cant try it myself, but when i get home i will try it and let you know.

All the best