Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FoLLgoTT

Internet Connection Sharing Question (DHCP)

I want to use ICS with Win2k Pro (2195), but not with IP 192.168.0.x ! When I have ICS enabled and I change my new static IP to my old IP that I want to use (10.1.1.1) and another PC (win98SE) wants an IP adress the event log says that I have to change the area of IP adresses, cause it wants assign 192.168.0.2. So my quaestion: how can I change the range of IP adresses to 10.1.1.x ?

thanx,

FoLLgoTT

You dont need to assign a static to any of the nics. What you do is enable ics on your connection and as you know it assigns your other nic with a 198.162.0.1 or something like that. On the win98 machine set it up for dhcp. So you would just put obtain ip automatically.

Sorry, but you didn't understand my question. I know how DHCP works. I just wanted to know if there is a way that my NIC gets the IP 10.1.1.1 instead of 192.168.0.1 and the DHCP clients get 10.1.1.1-255 . I want to change the range of IP's. Win2k automatically assign 192.168.0.x, but this is what I want to change.

I don't think thats possible. As soon as your enable ICS, the host machine to the net's ip has to be 192.168.0.1 according to the ICS help.

You must use 192.168.0.1 no if ant or but about it.