Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
graymalkin

Call of Duty Freezing

Shortly after playing, the screen freezes and I receive static from speakers. After a couple of seconds play resumes and I have no sound. I am using a SB 24bit MP3 card and a gforce 400mx card, XP Pro and a P4 system. Any ideas.

igot a radeon9700pro myself anf turned off AA and FSAA because it would randomly freeze and that was it - had to ctrl+alt+del to kill it

did the same thing on my ti4600 and ti4200 systems as well - i think they got some issues with this game. - shame, because it looks sweet!

uh... i don't know but i'm running COD with no problem,

i have Geforce 4 Ti 4600...

try up[censored] your driver

COD never froze on me, see my sig for details on my machine. Up[censored] your video drivers is a good starting point.

it frooze on mne wiht a 9700PRO with aa / fsaa on or off - did not matter.

i have tried all cats from 3.2 and up - often i got that ATI VPN recovery error - so ii tried older cat's and still the same thing

it often happened when i quickly turned around!.

i think it is a game issue and hopefully and update will fix.

My cousin had that problem, I turned his sound down from Creative EAX 3.0 to a lower one (not sure which I chose, might not have even been a creative labs one). That fixed the problem right away. I think he has the Audigy soundcard.

-Ry

My Guv,

Turn off vpu recover,

Turn off fast writes, --those 2 are in advanced video options.

Make sure you have the 3.10 drivers from ATI, they work well with COD.

In COD, look in the sound options and make sure it does not say eax 1,2, or eax3.

Then if that works, enable ONE of those options you disabled. If it works, enable another. Keep doing so and you probably will find your problem.

-Ry

Thats definately a sound problem. DEFINATELY not a video problem - GeForces a MADE for games based on the Q3 engine! First thing i would do is turn down sound hardware acceleration (control panel > multimedia settings). That sometimes fixes the ploblem. Other than that, check drivers, disable any fiddly-crap that is "part of the drivers". That includes any memory-resident programs (ie, system tray). If disabling that causes your computer to have no sound, get a new soundcard - that means it is not fully DX compatible and requires that program (called a porter, or more widely known as a wrapper in the gaming industry).

I don't undertand people and their soundcards. There is no such thing as a fast soundcard - unless you want hardware decoding or digital procesing, all you need is a standard little sound device - even 4 channel soundcards are nothing fancy. Good old AC97's, C-Media (CMI) and Yamaha are prolly the best for general use. These days DX does all the work, you just need something to plug ur speakers into.

On-board sound usually works best - if you can get it to work. Either that, a cheap $10 'speaker card' like one mentioned above, but if you want to pay good money for one, get a sound blaster live/audigy.

i have finnaly got COD to work but right from the training i hear static noise over the dialogs!

just some parts are covered but this also happens in the campaign and it sucks. over 60% of the dialog is covered by annoying static. eax,miles 2d-nothing works!

i use a onboard sound card ac' 97...in device manager it shows c-media.

i updated this and windows found a new driver but it's the same story here.

the mainboard is Syntax,nvidia fx5200,athlon xp 2400+...

HELP!