Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nick601

Grpahics Problem

Hey

I have recently bought an MSI KT6 Delta motherboard with 512 Mb of Crucial memory and an AMD 2600 processor

i have managed to install windows XP pro without any problem along with norton anti virus and firewall

I have an ATI Radeon 7500 graphics card and when i install the latest Catalyst drivers and restart, either nothing appears on the screen when the computer gets to windows, the monitor says out of timing or the mouse cursor appears on a black screen and freezes!!

i am totally unsure about what to do now as my computer is unusable

What could be wrong? - i have tried another grpahics card in my system and exactly the same problem occurs

i have never had any problems with this card before and it is a freash install of windows XP with service pack 1a

Nick

Well Sapiens point is right, but you might want to load that regfile for AMD AGP. It does help out a lot. You also might want ot consider getting at least Radeon 9000 or even a good GF 4 Ti 4200(I have a ASUS 8420 Video card with 128MB of ram).

hey

ok well i loaded the AGP driver for thr motherboard and that solved the problem

Thanks for you help

I was looking into getting a Gigabyte 128 ATI 9200 card but my 7500 seems to be working fine right now wink

Thanks again

Nick

dont get a 9200.

get a 9500 or a ti4200

those are currentyl the 2 best budget type cards

the 9200 runs slower then an 8500DV!

pretty sad.

or get a 9600\

heck save up for a 9700PRO or @ least a 9500PRO laugh

DO NOT BUY AN FX CARD!