Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lotus

What date is shown for your...

What date and version are shown in device manager for your ACPI? I am just doing a comparison, cause I think there is something wrong somewhere in my system.

Date: 11/14/1999

Version: 5.0.2183.1

I was told I should either have a tab for ACPI or APM under my power options in control panel. I have neither. My computer is a work computer and isn't really that old. It's a Dell Dimension 933r PIII.

I was told that my system not shutting down or restarting (Just freezes after saving settings) was probably tied in with ACPI. Is there maybe a newer driver for this I just don't have? I remember being told ACPI can only be installed during a fresh OS install. True?

Thanks

Quote:
What date and version are shown in device manager for your ACPI? I am just doing a comparison, cause I think there is something wrong somewhere in my system.

Date: 11/14/1999

Version: 5.0.2183.1

This is exactly what my Win2k is showing.

Quote:
I was told I should either have a tab for ACPI or APM under my power options in control panel. I have neither. My computer is a work computer and isn't really that old. It's a Dell Dimension 933r PIII.

Mine doesn't have those tabs either. I only have "Power Schemes", "Advanced", "Hibernate", and "UPS".

Quote:
I was told that my system not shutting down or restarting (Just freezes after saving settings) was probably tied in with ACPI. Is there maybe a newer driver for this I just don't have? I remember being told ACPI can only be installed during a fresh OS install. True?

Thanks

I'm not sure what's wrong with your computer, but at least I can verify that it's not the things you listed above. My computer is the same in those respects and I have no problems. Are you running ServicePack 4? Have you kept up with Windows Update?

Quote:
10/1/2002

That version looks like Windows Server 2003...yes?

The shutdown problem has been present since SP3 hit. I have done a complete re-install of Win2k but as soon as I install SP3 it starts freezing on shutdown. Oh well, I'll keep researching it.

And yes I keep up-to-date with Windows updates.

Quote:
Quote:
10/1/2002

That version looks like Windows Server 2003...yes?

The shutdown problem has been present since SP3 hit. I have done a complete re-install of Win2k but as soon as I install SP3 it starts freezing on shutdown. Oh well, I'll keep researching it.

And yes I keep up-to-date with Windows updates.

perhaps try sp4