Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masterfinn

Problem with older computer with AT keyboard

I have an older computer that has worked for years and finally the key board has just stoped working. I have tried other AT keyboards and still nothing. I know these keyboards work as i have tested them in other old systems i have laying around. Is there anyway i can hook up another keyboard to it and get it to work?.. i have know idea what kida mobo it is. It does have headers on it to put brackets in such as a usb bracket. right now the brackets that are connected to thses headers are things like serial port for the mouse and parallel port. So i guess i could try to put a usb braket in and try a usb keyboard. but i dont own one so ya.. is there any other way around this problem as the computer is great but now that the key board dont work its usless to me.. Any help would be great thanx

Masterfinn

Well, it sounds as the AT port went on the mobo. Looks like it is USB keyboard time period.

An PCI USB card maybe able to be found cheaper than an appropriate bracket. If you shop around, I bet you can get a pci card, and a keyboard for maybe 30-40 bucks.

That's a good plan too. smile New socket7 boards, which I'm presuming you are using... are hard to come by though. I'd figure 30ish at www.compgeeks.com if they have any. I'm sure you can find someone who is local to you to sell you a working board for cheap though.

Good luck!