Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dizarludba

floppy disk problem

recently i have problems with my floppy disc drive ,since it sems that the floppy disc drive reading something(the l.e.d indicator switched on and make a noisy sound of rotating device) eventhough i dont even ask them to read anything(no floppy disc in the drive).sometimes when my windows loading after booting the system,the floppy disc appeared to read something ,and my windows become slow and then crash.sometimes its okay and sometimes it doesnt.does anyone have a similar problem before?is this problem caused by corrupted driver or is it cause by failure device.any advise?

cheers

Iv seen this happen a couple times before and what it turned out to be was the virus scanner on the computer was set to do scans automatically in the background and every now and then without doing anything on the computer the floppy drive light would light up and sound like it was trying to read it. It didnt crash becuase of it but that could be something related to that. So I would look into if you have a virus scanner and see if it is set to run in the background to check your drivers automaticaly includeing the floppy. It aslo wont hurnt to try another floppy drive.

Masterfinn

Right, AV softwares use to scan floppy drives by default. I f you're running any AV just disabled that option.