Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRocket

windows xp and sound problems.......

games and mp3 playback work fine. The .wav sounds dont work. Not sure why but it just started and i havent installed or uninstalled anything. I did try to reinstall the audio drivers but that didnt help. Any ideas? thanks

i have got .wav files to play, but only thru windows media player. i tried playing them thru sndrec32.exe but it just wont work. I reinstalled again and it kinda worked this time. Any time a program(like aim) goes to play .wav file, i dont hear anything, but when i go acutally click on the file in the folder it will play fine(thru media player). Any ideas on getting sndrec32 to play .wav file again or how i can get the programs to use media player when playing .wav thanks

do you have any modems installed???

sometimes a speakerphone modem will install a virtual audio device that will (i don't know why..) replace your sound card as the default sound device.

go to the control panel,sound speech & audio deviced,sound and audio devices. go to the audio tab and check what is your default sudio device.

hope that helps.

I have a similar problem. I cannot play wavs either, not thru any program. I can play CD music, through the sound card, just fine though.

2Kpro

Intel P4

AC97 Audio