Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ricksniper

Sidewinder GAMEPORT Gamepad-Driver 4.0 Needed

hey..i need the 4.0 driver for the Sidewinder GAMEPORT..not USB..its extremely gay and hard to find..its the gamepad one i need..not the joystick or wheel..im running XP on top of that so it makes things even worse ;(...if someone could help me out id really appreciate it

Thanks ALot laughlaughlaugh

You could try looking at DriverGuide.

Maybe try binding it as a one of the generic gamepads or a custom one? Or do you need drivers for advanced features?

If you end up not being able to get the drivers you're looking for, I recommend this deal.

The driver is built in to Windows XP! Just have the pad plugged into the gameport, go to Control Panel's Game Port applet, click add controller, click Microsoft Sidewinder (auto-detect), and Windows will install the built in driver for it. You won't be able to load profiles, as there is no game controller software for this controller that is compatible with Windows XP. However, the pad works perfectly, as well as the pass-through for two gamepads or a joystick (like the Precision Pro).

wow thanks alot Eck...u got my controller working..and for this...i wish u win millions of dollars and receive 18 blowjobs a day

Thanks man!!!! laughlaugh :

Originally posted by Eck:

Quote:
The driver is built in to Windows XP! Just have the pad plugged into the gameport, go to Control Panel's Game Port applet, click add controller, click Microsoft Sidewinder (auto-detect), and Windows will install the built in driver for it. You won't be able to load profiles, as there is no game controller software for this controller that is compatible with Windows XP. However, the pad works perfectly, as well as the pass-through for two gamepads or a joystick (like the Precision Pro).

Sorry, old message but very new to me now, when updated to SP1a to SP2. Early this works fine, but when using SP2 it didn't find any drivers with this kind.

Only way to sell good MS Sidewinder gamepad?

Ok i got the Microsoft Gamepad (Gameport) to work but for some reason when i use it in my game it somehow gets disconnected and becomes unusable. I went to control panel and it says that its working. I tried editing it and calibrating it but an error pops up and says that its not connected properly and when i click retry it works again. And then the error comes up again when i test it. Gets really annoying because i cant play games with it then. Plz help!!!

It works fine when im using Win98 but recently i updated it to WinXP and now its having problems.