Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
trilliansucks

[XP or 2K3]: O&O defrag or..

Under XP Pro (or XP 2K3)

which is the least problematic defrag tool OTHER than the native service. I currently use O&O defrag. I especially enjoy the stealth mode defrag. (defrag while playing intensive video games or the like)

what do you use and why?

TIA

I don't use anything. I just buy a faster computer when things start to slow down laugh

I've only used Norton Speedisk as it comes with Systemworks. I've also used the native defrag too which is a lite/oem version of Diskkeeper wink

Quote:
Under XP Pro (or XP 2K3)

which is the least problematic defrag tool OTHER than the native service. I currently use O&O defrag. I especially enjoy the stealth mode defrag. (defrag while playing intensive video games or the like)

what do you use and why?

TIA

I use DISKEEPER. I used O&O but, IMHO, DISKEEPER was faster. The background (i guess stealth mode) defragging kicks @$$.

I use DISKEEPER SERVER ENTERPRISE EDITION for my WIN2K3 computer and DISKEEPER PROFESSIONAL for my WINXP-PRO computer.

I had this debate with a PERFECT DISK (Raxco Software) employee here and he got pretty "hyper". I'm just a consumer who *does* try different programs before he opens his mouth. Here's the thread, it's hilarious:

http://ntcompatible.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23180&highlight=

Actually, it wasnt' much of a "debate". We barely got started before you stopped participating.

You had made a claim that PD didn't stand up to DK. I had asked you to elaborate and you never responded.

If you would like to continue our "debate", it's your turn smile

- Greg/Raxco Software

Microsoft MVP - Windows Storage Management/File System

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a commercial defrag utility, as a systems engineer in the support department.

Quote:
Actually, it wasnt' much of a "debate". We barely got started before you stopped participating.

You had made a claim that PD didn't stand up to DK. I had asked you to elaborate and you never responded.

If you would like to continue our "debate", it's your turn smile

- Greg/Raxco Software

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a commercial defrag utility, as a systems engineer in the support department.

Get a life dawg. Sell your ish elsewhere. Whatever you want ish to stand for, knock yourself out... literally.

I ain't in to 'internet' beef - 'nuff said.

Too bad. I was really interested in hearing of your perception of why PD didn't "stand up" to DK.

What did you end up paying for Diskeeper Enterprise Edition? When I bought it for testing/comparision purposes, it cost me $1,000.00 Pretty steep for a defragmenter!

- Greg/Raxco Software