Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
trilliansucks

audiophile input requested

ah.. audiophiles in the forum... excellent!

I have some nice infinity speakers. I've thought about jacking them into my soundcard but I'm frightened of the risk of damage from loudly spiking PC audio frown

is there some kind of audio filter I can install inline between soundcard and costly home stereo gear? like APC is to powerfiltering?

what, in the opinion of your audiophiles, is the best way to wire home audio gear to one's 4 channel PC audio card?

TIA

are you worried about your speakers or your amp?

i use speakers that are fused or have some other sort of overrun protection built in. Like one pair that i have makes sparks when you put too much power in. I am not really worried about my amps. so i guess i don't really have an answer for your question but what part are you worried about damaging? I have played my speakers alot real loud off the pc and they haven't gotten messed up yet. I think a device that you are talking about is kinda like smart sound on a tv. but i think that puttin this device inline would mess up the sound quality.

I going to have to assume that you're plugging these speakers into an amp as well, this shouldn't be a problem at all.

I've done this in the past but don't currently have my PC connected to anything but powered speakers at the moment.