Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lotus

Ok as a last resort...

I am still getting that "WORK_THREAD_RETURNED_AT_BAD_IRQL" error and it's happening every few minutes it seems now. I had it do it again while my desktop was loading. SO...if I can't find the problem via debugging, I will troubleshoot services and device drivers. I can do the drivers no problem, but I need to know what services I NEED running under my given circumstances.

I am on a small Network (need server access)

My printer is shared

I need web/e-mail access (Via cable modem from our server)

I think thats it. If everything runs smooth I will add stuff back one by one and see if I can manually trace where this problem is stemming from.

If you need a recap on my problem, go Here

It may be that your Page Table Entries are not set high enough. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

Double-click the SystemPages value. The Edit DWORD Value dialog box appears. This can hold a value from 0 to 50,000. Microsoft recommends a value of 36000 to start with if you get the error described. So, type 36000, and then click OK. You will need to reboot to effect the change.

Quote:
The Edit DWORD Value dialog box appears. This can hold a value from 0 to 50,000. Microsoft recommends a value of 36000 to start with if you get the error described. So, type 36000, and then click OK. You will need to reboot to effect the change.

Hmmmm...I have a value of 110592 right now...maybe thats part of the prob..I will change it to 36000 and see what happens. Thx for the reply.