Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
aezrulzz

American Mcgee`s Alice

hello all!

I need some help, because i bought the game mentioned above 2 years ago. And now i changed my OS (now: Windows XP), but this game is not running with XP although Electronic Arts said it can be run. I also found no patch or something like that.

I hope any of you can help me. Thank you for your efforts!

bye

Why won't it run, be more specific.

Does it crash when you try and start it?

Does it have a problem installing?

Do you have the latest OpenGL drivers for your video card?

the cd doesn´t start automatically if i put it in my cd-rom (although autostart is activated!).

On the cd there is no setup or any other *.exe data to start the game.

I have the latest display drivers.

Thank you for your support!!!!!!!

Running fine here, on 2000 SP2, SP3, and SP4, and XP, XP SP1.

Great game, by the way, if you haven't played it, it's well worth the $9.99 bargin bin price it now sells for.

Also saw it packaged with Clive Barker's Undying for a total of $9.99 for both games last time I was at Wal-Mart. A good deal for two great games.

Have it on XP and it ran great on my GeForce 3 card. When I upgraded to the FX 5700 I had to enable VSYNC on all the time before the display wouldn't flicker and have images drop out.

Works great and is a beautiful game! Especially when you set it to high quality settings, 8x anisotropic, 2xQ antialias! Good stuff!

Get it! American McGee is great and I'm looking forward to his version of "Oz"!

Oz was scrapped...that's why McGee went to help out with ScrapLand. LOL! What irony.

Supposedly OZ was pretty much finished but the publisher backed out.

The latest I heard was that Atari was to publish it, they ditched, so he's sold the story rights to Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer (who did Pirates of the Caribbean) is supposed to pick it up and do a trilogy. Then, the games are supposed to tie in with the movie. And, the book is supposed to be out late this year or early next year.

I hope they haven't scrapped it completely!!!!

(sorry, off subject a bit, but still semi-related!)