Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jimbo_canada

MS Outlook 2000 help me!

I have recently lost the motherboard and have replaced it in my windows 2K pro box. Since the motherboard replacement, Windows will get to the end of its startup screen, then will reboot no matter if I am going into safe mode or not.

I have setup a new computer and installed the HD into it in hopes of transferring my outlook contacts into the new profile. As I understand, I am to look for a pst file to restore it.

Does anyone know how to restore the outlook contacts without being able to find any pst files??

or

Are there any suggestions for getting the old system into its OS without it rebooting on me?

I am horribly confused.

Thanks for any suggestions

You can boot with the installtion CD and try the System recovery

It may help you get windows up

YOu can also put the Hard drive in another machine and then search for all pst files you can find.

I always make a backup of my pst file to CDR and network.

Unfortunately, I can't find any pst files anywhere on the hard drive. I have tries the repair utility and installaing it into another computer.

Are there any security issues or different formats for the outlook contacts file that I don't know about?

Nope, Outlook keeps all items and folders in a PST file. Usually, it's located in:

c:\documents and settings\<yourusername>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

A lot of times running a search on the hard drive will cause it to skip these directories because they are typically hidden. Go there manually with explorer and look in that directory. You will probably need to go to tools/folder options and enable viewing hidden files first.