Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

HOLLY ****, is this for real!

I posted this on the overclocking forum i visit, but HAD to post it here i am so hyped about this!!!

Well, i am a little over excited i need to share my excitment!

i got a MSI ti4200 128mb card that i grabbed from a system here @ work (in our house) and changed it with a 64mb ti4200 card.

So, now i got this ti4200 128mb on a P4S8X-X board a p4 2.4a @ 2.91ghz - 256 pc2100.

been reading that the 64mb card usually has fater ram and can go higher, well, this core so far kick's butt! - i have not touch the ram yet, only the core.

well, i decide heck, lets over clock this card - stock voltage and the fan on it

HOLY CRAP!

well

right now the defualt details are

249.5 core is stock

445 is stock ram

well, so far it i got it

[size:15] 320.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1[/color]

holly crap!! i feel like a kid on X-mas!!!!

Does anyone know of the record for this card..lol

it seems that 320.6 is the highest for me so far with out upping the AGP voltage in the bios or doing a voltmod. - RivaTuner shows the "exclamation" beside the speed!

ti4200-320.jpg

(if no one beleives this PLEASE tell me how i can prove it to u and i will be more then happy to!

DEUM! i can NOT get over the speed of this card so far! - thing is - i touch the heat sink while in the middle of looping 3dmark so far and it is NOT even warm or hot to the touch!

DEUM DEUMDEUM! this is too exciting!!!!!!!!

Impressive, however ive seen Radeon 9600's get 100 or even 150mhz Overclocks on the core and GF-FX 5600's getting 50 - 100Mhz clocks too with stock cooling and no mods, 9600's especially.

However its still a very good clock, a memory OC will give u better speed boosts i think....

^^^

certainy true, other cards can get rather high - all depends on the company make of the card - the main thing with this card was that the 128mb card have slower memory and usually dont overclock wel - but i guess i got ucky, but also MS does tend make very fexlible cards.

My leadtek G4 ti4600 i can onyl get 329 (300 stock) Core and 759 memory from 650.

You also need to remember that the Ti4600's are run alot closer to their max speeds than the Ti4200's, and the reason people get such a good deal out of them when they go and OC them.

^^^^ good piont!..lol that i should of known smile

ti4200 are certainly a great card- probably one of NVIDIA's last grat cards they made since the FX line is a joke.

laugh

Well the 5900 is pretty good...but it's also pretty expensive as far as video cards go (at least for the gamer...don't get me started on the high-end workstation ones)

^^^^

It is a good card - but too bad the issues with Dx9 make it look like crude - or more for what it really is!

not sure how accruate they are but the HL2 benchmarks and some other places are now showing that the FX line is not fully Dx9 compatible and it is now suggested that when Dx 9 games come out that if u own and FX card u are asked to run the games ina Dx8 compatibility mode.

Sorry, i think i will go with ATI who is actually FULL DX9 compliant.

Also not to mention when using 3dmark2003 there are areas in the benchmark that should not be there and is being presumed that once AGAIN NVIDIA is cheating on their drivers but simply because they now encrypt their drivers it is harder to find these new so called "legit" optimizations as NVIDIA puts it.

Anybody remember the Radeon 8500 and the quake3.exe "optimisation" wink

Doom3 runs just fine on FX cards considering it'll be a DX9 game.

Valve wouldn't allow benchmarks to be run on the 50.xx dets from nVidia. Could be some under the table deals :P

well

then what about the most recent that NVIDIA has the latest update for the new tomb raider game pulled because it made the NVIDIA card look like crud next to ATI smile - seem Edios is in NVIDIA's pocket.

Doom III will be DX 9 - and it's test showed ATi getting raped by NVIDIA, now it is backwards - but at least they did not say that ATI had to run in DX 8 mode to get good frame rates.

Also, the issue with the FX is poor programming on their behalf with crap pixe shader 2.0 and otehr features just poorly writtin on NVIDIA behalf.

this FX line is toast - they better hope they get the NV40 out before HL2 is out or they are likely to lose anotehr cycle to ATI.

Quote:
well

then what about the most recent that NVIDIA has the latest update for the new tomb raider game pulled because it made the NVIDIA card look like crud next to ATI smile - seem Edios is in NVIDIA's pocket.

Doom III will be DX 9 - and it's test showed ATi getting raped by NVIDIA, now it is backwards - but at least they did not say that ATI had to run in DX 8 mode to get good frame rates.

Also, the issue with the FX is poor programming on their behalf with crap pixe shader 2.0 and otehr features just poorly writtin on NVIDIA behalf.

this FX line is toast - they better hope they get the NV40 out before HL2 is out or they are likely to lose anotehr cycle to ATI.

Aqua mark3 runs poorly on nVidia DX9 hardware too. If nVidia don't get off the arses and fix things, my next graphics purchase will be most likely an ATI card.

^^^^

they can not fix it in the FX line - they can promise drivers to do this and that but bottom line is, the drivers can not improve where the lack of hardware is. - it would require them to redeisgn the entire! card - which is not worth it for them.

SO they as far as i know are "dropping" the fx line as they should and are concentrating on the new NV40 CHIP - i feel sorry for ANYONE who bought an FX - especially those who had a good warning.

Your next card SHOULD be an ATI, even after the NV40 is out.

well

am up to

310.5 now on core is most stable with ram @ 634.5 - from 400 stock.

seems i can not get it it to run @ 320.9 with the ram @ this speed, or could be the drivers with out artifacts - but got to mess with it some more i guess.

too bad this moterhboard sucks! - Asus P4S8x-X - do not buy one! - it seem prone to data coruption easily if u clock too high on the cpu.

What program is that? Because it might not be actually clocking it that high, it could be misreading the clock speed. Try using powerstrip, then you'll know for sure.

Quote:
What program is that? Because it might not be actually clocking it that high, it could be misreading the clock speed. Try using powerstrip, then you'll know for sure.

doint liek pwoer strip - prefer RivaTuner.

it is at those speeds as i just flashed my vid card bios to those speeds and it runs smile

thing is diff. drivers give u diff, results so now i am back to 41.09's at the moment - i had 41.04 and 41.03's in buit they did nto seem to clock as high as the 41.09's and the 40.71's for me.

it is weird - it just like when i first got this new mobo i could run my p4 2.4 - 400mhz @ 133FSB @ 3.2 no probs, but now i suddenyl cant even get it over 2.9 with out mad data coruption in windows.

i got it back up there but have some artifacts again frown

Perhaps you've pushed it too far for too long, isn't there an issue with gate degradation if chips are pushed too far for too long a period of time ;(

^^^ there can be - but that is also why you bench it, so u are not pushing it and damaging it - also proper cooling helps.

u do work it harder by overclocking it and such just like a cpu - u probably cut it's life span by about %50.

oh well!

life goes on smile