Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ViolentGreen

A7N8X

Well I have had this board for about 6 months now and I am finally encountering the infamous sound crackling problems? Has anyone found a solution to this? I am hoping not to have to deal with the insanity and morons at the nforcershq forum.

If you don't have the deluxe version, I would suggest to directly use the RealTek (latest beta) drivers for the onboard sound. I use them and don't have any problems (well, not right now lol )

Quote:
If you don't have the deluxe version, I would suggest to directly use the RealTek (latest beta) drivers for the onboard sound. I use them and don't have any problems (well, not right now laugh )

Actually I do have the deluxe version. I should have stated that

Do you have the engineering rev 2.xx board or the previous version board ?!?

Also you have flashed the firmware to the latest version to I presume.

I have a v2.xx board and haven't noticed this problem, well not yet anyways. Hopefully it never will happen wink

Quote:
Do you have the engineering rev 2.xx board or the previous version board ?!?

Also you have flashed the firmware to the latest version to I presume.

I have a v2.xx board and haven't noticed this problem, well not yet anyways. Hopefully it never will happen wink

I have the 1.04 version. I believe I have the latest bios release by Asus. I'll check again though. I didn't notice it untill recently. I started noticing during deep sounds in RTCW and BF1942. I have since noticed it in winamp. All my sound levels seem to be at very conservative values.

do this it should get rid of the crackling probs:

In the Mixer change the Routing Volumes to the following:

Original Sound: 50-60%

Reverb: 15%

Chorus: 55%

This will get rid of the crackling, Ive had the board since late march early april and have not had a crackling problem since I started using these vaules.

I made a picture too if you want to get a better look at what Im talking about

http://home.midsouth.rr.com/thc129/changes.JPG

Quote:
do this it should get rid of the crackling probs:

In the Mixer change the Routing Volumes to the following:

Original Sound: 50-60%
Reverb: 15%
Chorus: 55%

This will get rid of the crackling, Ive had the board since late march early april and have not had a crackling problem since I started using these vaules.

I made a picture too if you want to get a better look at what Im talking about
http://home.midsouth.rr.com/thc129/changes.JPG

Thanks; I'll try that. I haven't had the motivation to download the newest bios.

tell me how that worked for ya, Im curious to know if it works in general or just on my board...

Quote:
tell me how that worked for ya, Im curious to know if it works in general or just on my board...

It seems to have worked. I havn't experienced the crackling since I tried that. I havn't used it all that much but I tested it out with soem music and it sounded fine.