Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
el_vago32

Kaza lite

Is there a way to kazaa lite to not show the icon on system tray??, like you can do with winamp, to not showing anywhere..

The only way is to exit Kazza, not have it running. This is the same thing with winamp. When you close the winamp agen from the tool tray then it is not running anymore.

Quote:
The only way is to exit Kazza, not have it running. This is the same thing with winamp. When you close the winamp agen from the tool tray then it is not running anymore.

Actually it is fairly easy to change the settings for winamp to keep the icon out of the tray.

Recent versions of Kazaa Lite (K++) have the option in:

Options -> More options... -> K++ Options -> Hide system tray icon

Strange, the option is there in Kazaa Lite (K++) 2.1.0. I guess they may have removed the option in the newer versions.

You can use APK NT tools. The tool in question is the background Daemon process engine that it comes with. You run the little app, then you choose the program you want to run it with(Kazaa) it will then run invisibly, and it will only appear on the processes tab of ask manager, not the programs tab. So what you do is, fire up kazaa, queue up all the goodness, close kazaa, then run it invisible. As you know, kazaa will autoconect and resume for you automagicaly in the background.

Alecstaar from these very forums s the author, if you search the msg board here for his nick there should be link to the toolset in his signature.

Ok thx, I had the tools somewhere, now I dunno where the heck are, but I'll look a little search................, BTW, I've seen that the kazaa tray icon dissappear every time I crash the explorer and load it again (like running invisibly)...weird, huh??

With XP, right click on the taskbar and hit Properties. At the bottom of the box that pops up, you'll have the option to customize the icons that display on the taskbar.