Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace

2 sets of speakers working?

Hey, I was just wondering if it's possible to hook up 2 sets of speakers onto a desktop computer? There's a speakers plug, mic plug, earphones, and another one with the symbol with a circle in the middle and outlines of circles going away from it. I don't know what that's suppose to do.

Is there some configuration that makes it possible?

Some sound cards have a "line out" plug. It is unaffected by the volume control but puts out a constant signal. These can be connected to an external amplifier, like a stereo tuner, which in turn is hooked to a set of speakers.

pending on your sound card - u may be able to configure it for 4 speaker out put, this then changes the MIC or Line in to another speaker out for rear speakers.

i know Sound blaster Valus and up do this and santa cruz cards as well.

What sound card?

I believe my sound card is VIA AC'97 Audio. The sound card is integrated into the motherboard so I don't think it's very good.

Hi i was wondering if i could hook up to sets of speakers to my desktop.. I have 6 speaker plugs in the back but whenever i hook 2 up it will only let one play.. my sound card is a SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks

Why not hook up you PC audio to stereo? I have my PC audio set at around 80%, and control all audio on my stereo...