Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ubik

Liveware 3.0 - foolproof method of installation?

Hey - I'm trying to get Liveware 3.0 for my SBLive running on Win2K build 2195.

Now, I don't want to **** this up (I've had baaaad experiences with liveware + win2k beta 2) - is there a foolproof method of doing this? Can someone tell me *exactly* the steps I need to take (what files, etc.) to do it?

*Any* help much appreciated!

Ok, *cough* - I just did what I should have done before posting - poked about some more for info.. it seems there's no %100 way of getting LW to work.

I guess my question is - is it worth it?

I think whether it's worth it depends on whether Win2K is working with ACPI on your system. If it is, then in order to make the SBLive work, you'll need to disable it (change to the Standard PC HAL) then disable PCI IRQ steering. I have not tried this, and don't intend to. I believe Creative will release Win2K enabled drivers that will work with ACPI in the next couple months, and until then I can reboot to millennium/win98 to play games with 4 speakers. If your system is already using the Standard PC HAL - then by all means go for it! smile.gif

Prophet

I am also trying to get my SB Live working properly in Win2k.

I downloaded the liveware32.zip file and started following the instructions but when I try to run the wntdrv.exe from Creative's website it unpacks the files and then doesn't do anything.

Common problem.

The setup file for Liveware 3.0 doesn't start automatically after decompression on some setups.

Workaround, after the origila setup extracts all the files and then stops, go to your personal temp directory .. (should be something like "?:\Documents and Settings\Myname\Local Settings\Temp\LW3\Audio\English\Setup)

Rename the setup.ex_ to setup.exe and run ... that's it. Should install fine now.

Actually It starts the setup program but it hangs after the little screen that says "Setup is preparing the installshield wizard that will guide you through the rest of the process" or whatever it says. I end up having to go into Task Manager and killing the setup.exe process.

Be smart and save yourself from the "HUGE" headache . Wait one more month and Sound Blaster will have the drivers and Livware for Win2K. Trust me , I have tried all the so called fixes and none of them worked for me.If you can't wait, "Have fun". LOL

Mistral is right... I try to install Liveware 3 and it work ... If you have a joystick problem with the sidewinder gamepad, you just have to install Game Port For Creative instead of Game Port For Creative Live! ... You just have to go to "Sound And Multimedia" --> "Hardware" --> Properties of Game Port For Creative Live! --> Driver --> Update Driver --> Display a list of ... then Next --> Show All and Choose "Game Port For Creative" then next yes finish smile and your joystick work.