Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

Compatibility Database Comment System?

All right this is annoying me...and I'm sure that I am not the only one,,,,,. With the constant up[censored] of older games and people

figuring out how to make them work properly it is very hard to get a solid compatibility

database that is correct.

For instance (and this is just one example of 5 million):

Today I load up NTCOMPATIBLE and see Duke3D on the main page and guess what! It's working

perfectly with Windows 2000! Whadyaknow! Wow! So I click on the link and get this:

"Works but only on 320x200 resolution. Run setmain to set up sound card, controller

etc. set screen mode to 320x200 [is default] Works without problems, only exception

is VESA resolutions [320x240, 640x480, 800x600]"

I would hardly call this. "working".

Ideally there should be different categories. (Much like my own Compatibility list)

Works Perfectly (Green)

Works with Problems (Yellow)

Doesn't work (RED)

That is the simplest way to do it. It would be nice for different problem categories but that would complicate matters.

Okay now that we have the categories a comment system that only registered users of the web

site can log into would be nice. To make things simpler on Phillip and to tie things into

the forum there could be a "Post "Name of Game" on the forum?" option and if the forum was already created then there would be an option to simply post to the forum.

A seperate forum would have to be created....such as Compatibility Database Games Forum

or Compatibility Database Hardware forum.

I think this would work out alot better than the current system. I would whip it up myself

but unfortunatelty cannot devote myself as much to the net as I used to. frown

Suggestions anybody?

It sounds cool and very useful, besides We won't have lots of topics scattered all around the site about the same games...., in other words, it would help the forums organization.

Was thinking this morning that a Poll system for compatibility would be nice. The results could be automagically added to the site...and since only registered users could vote then that would reduce the instances of malicious users.