Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pmistry

Best FPS/Action Gaming Moments

No particular order, was just thinking of some of the great games and how they get to you, here are some that I have thought of.

1. Coming face to face with the 2 screaming Baron of Hells at the end of the Knee Deep In The Dead episode of the original Doom.

2. Exiting the prison ship in Unreal, and gazing in awe at the landscape.

3. Telling a hooker to "shake it baby" in Duke Nukem 3D.

4. Blowing a head off for the first time in Soldier of Fortune.

5. Taking a head off in Unreal Tournament, and listening to "Head Shot!"

6. Gibbing a Shambler for the first time in Quake.

7. Watching the Fiend in Quake, jump at you for the first time.

8. Watching the paratroopers fly down in parachutes and hunt you down in Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

9. Buying a crowbar in Kingpin for 1 dollar, and then beating the guy who sold you the crowbar with the crowbar to get your 1 dollar back.

10. Drawing your lighsaber for the first time in Jedi Knight.

11. Pulling out the Dwarven Battle Sword in Rune.

12. Using bullet time in Max Payne.

13. Killing so many enemies in 1 area of Serious Sam, and then realizing that you are only 25% done.

14. Listening to Caleb in Blood, laugh when he gibs a body.

15. Watching a scientist being attacked by a head crab in Half-Life.

16. Playing Deus Ex.

17. Using the BFG 9000 in Doom 2 to clean out a room of Imps, and watch their fur fly.

18. Encountering the Skaarj for the first time in Unreal. [in the corridor where the lights go out one by one]

19. Being able to fly in Heretic, it was about time the character left the ground.

great list

one that i would add is playing multiplayer NFS 5 and being really damn good at it to the point where you follow your oponent the entire race and then pass them just before teh finish line.

i really love doing that

I'd like to add:

Playing the role of Joe Marine coming face to face with an Alien for the first time with only half a clip and 2 flares in the dark, with all the lights in your house off and you being the only one home.

Your first swoop down the courtyard with a team of allies on de_dust and being overwhelmed by a terrorist force when you could only afford a 9mm and a helmet.

To extend point 16, finding the first greasel in a vent shaft in some MJ12 facility.

Day of the Tentacle. When you put a pile of quarters into the clothes drier and it finishes 400 years later.

Or when you wash the wagon and it rains... laugh

One of my best would have to be a multilpayer game of Rise of the Triads. It had a number of taunts bound to the function keys that played sound files when you pressed them.

I sneaked up behind a mate, hit the "Behind you" taunt and then unloaded my dual pistols into him.

Was a great moment ashis speakers were turned up quite loud and it gave him the shock of his life!

Speaking of Rise of the Triad, how about firing the Homing Missile at your unexpecting deathmatch opponent who is taunting you with insults atop of a building?

My friend never saw it coming!

Heh, starting to turn into a RotT revival around here now! laugh For the time, it was a great game. Drunken Missiles were a laugh as well. No idea where they were going to go. Just a fire and hope weapon.

Lost many, many hours playing it over a LAN.

... Experiencing System Shock 2

Quote:
Hearing "Dynamite Defused" 2 Secs before Depot is blown in RTCW ET

I agree, W:ET has seriously impacted my free time as of late, with these 6 map campaigns, and the good servers/players that I play on/with.

Hope to see you online sometime, I always play under the name 'UNP'...

Quote:
... Experiencing System Shock 2

Quote:
Hearing "Dynamite Defused" 2 Secs before Depot is blown in RTCW ET

I agree, W:ET has seriously impacted my free time as of late, with these 6 map campaigns, and the good servers/players that I play on/with.

Hope to see you online sometime, I always play under the name 'UNP'...

I play the 10 map ones.

I was one star from being a 3 star gen the other day

I play under "El Diablo Blanco"

I would say one of my best and also one of the scariest would be hearing the grating metallic sound and then come face to face with your first Midwife in SS2 and then heard her voice!!!!

Also exploring the Ultima IX world and also just having the chance to play and win Ultima 4-9. God I love that series.

I also admit Deus Ex was awesome, cant wait for the sequell

Quote:
I play the 10 map ones.

How does that rotation work, besides the standard 6 maps? Also, sorry for the thread hijack, but are you running any 3rd party maps? Any of them any good?

The Rhine Brige Map is ok, and there are some other ones, although they are mostly beta maps and still need work. Check out Terminal INsanity's West Custom Map server, then run all the current 3rd party maps, and on thier main server they run a 10 map, including 3 maps twice in one rotation.

hehe how about using the shrink ray on a baddie in Duke Nukem 3D and then seeing them go SQUISH under your boot. LOL I wish UT2003 had the same weapon