Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
djelite

*HELP* Need y'all insight to a WEBSERVER problem.

Man, I'm going to try to get this simple. Keep in mind I'm giving you examples and not the actual IPs and what not. wink

I recently changed NAME SERVERS for 2 websites (exact same settings) on the 20th of August (It's now the 23rd).

"heaven.com" seems to be working perfectly. I can view the webpage itself, go to the admin control panel and even check my POP3 account. I admit, sometimes my POP3 flakes out but overall it seems to be coming though okay, I guess. smile

"hell.com" works sporadically on my computer only. I was able to do everything I could do on "heaven.com" but it was working intermittently. Sometimes it takes me back to the old INTERNET PROVIDER account I had the "hell.com" pointing to and sometimes I get the infamous "cannot find server". Instead of using the "hell.com/control_panel" I have to use "123.45.67.890/conrol_panel". Instead of using "hell.com" I have to use "123.45.67.890/~viewme/" to view the webpage. When it tries to check the email it states: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'HITMEN4HIRE', Server: 'mail.808natives.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F. I've triple checked times 50 :x and all the settings are correct on the webserver. I keep thinking the NAME SERVER must still be resolving but "heaven.com" works pefectly. ;(

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. laugh

P.S. Bare in mind that everyone else seems to be able to access the webpage for viewing normally. I even had my partners check out their email and even accessing the control_panel regularly and it works fine for them.

I don't know the source of your problem, but I have a workaround.

in %windir%\system32\drivers\etc

Make a txt file called hosts with no extension, in it put the line

123.123.123.123 hell

Now when you try to connect to hell it wont use DNS for resolution, it will parse the hosts file and ALWAYS find it. You will have to uncheck "hide file extensions" in tools>folder options>view, otherwise it will add a .txt to the hosts file and it wont work.

If this is a win9x box then hosts goes into c:\windows\ directly.