Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
David1982

Odd Problems with my DC

Running Windows 2000 Advanced Server with most up to date service packs. System boots and runs without any problems. But as soon as it finishes login and after 5 min passes I can't copy and paste anymore. I, I can't drag and drop files to move on my hard drive. I can do this all right after login. But as soon as 5 min passes I get a error in my event viewer that sayes the source is "Service Control Manager". I can't get the details of the error cause that is another problem I am having. Gives me a event ID of 7031. I have noticed that I can do all the thing I listed above before I get this error in my event viewer. So I am pretty sure my problems are related to that. Anyone ever had any similiar problems? Anyone have any ideas? Everything was fine when I left on Friday. I have checked the Technet and can't find anything in there.

-David

hey, i'm having the same problem now too, after a few minutes of logging on i get a service control manager error (event id 7031) and it wont let me copy/paste, open webpages in new window etc...

this problem started happening only a few days ago

im running Win 2000 w/ sp4

please help

Woohoo glad to hear I am not loosing my mind... I will try and see if I can find that patch and give it a try. Cause I have not applied that one.

-David