Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Best AV out of these four on home ADSL system?

Norton Antivirus 2003 pro

Norton Antivirus (symantic) corporate 8

Grisoft AVG pro 7

Panda Anivirus Platinum

I do not use Outlook I use Mozilla Thunderbird and Pocomail 3.0 just FYI

im just worried about avg catching email viruses since I use pocomail and mozilla thunderbird and not outlook

I use 2003 Pro

I really like it, although it is a real dog running in the background, so I don't have it on all the time.

I use AVG and Firebird and Eudora for mail and it scans my incoming mail...

Symantec, forget it, it is much too tough on ressources, slows down any computer like you feel to upgrade all the time. It lets too many things go through anyway. I think it has great reviews just because they spend a lot on marketing and reviewers just can't say it so-so, otherwise they just could loose revenues. frown

Try Avast, its free for home use, the same as AVG which is also good.

Avast has never let anything either in or out, it even has a script blocker contrary to AVG. It upgrades by itself etc, etc. It even talks to you, if you feel lonely... :x

For free, its the best out there, no question about it. For the money, the best is Nod32. I have tried many of those and just don't take my word for it, try ! laugh

i will try avast i have not used it before, so i will see how that works. Thx for the tip.

Yeah Symantec has given me too many headaches to run another one of their programs.

Im tryiing avast right now. Question will it protect me when i use Mozilla Thunderbird email program or only if I use Outlook or OE?

There is the option when installing to proyect all pop mail accounts. You can also go in the settings after installation to configure all the options. To ensure full compatibility, either go through their site or send them an e-mail, they are also very good on support from my experience.