Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rossco

2003 Home Domain

Hiya Guys,

I posted a few days ago with problems setting up a windows 2000 domain involving a router too. Ive managed it all now and have upgraded the domain controller to windows server 2003. Now i need a little help setting it up the way i want it:

All of the clients are running windows xp pro. I want them to be able to log onto the domain, and for the users home directory to be kept of the server, along with a roaming profile...so that they can log onto any computer and access their files/settings as if it were their own.

Another problem Im having is that log ons seem to be taking a VERY long time...like...more than two minutes id estimate. Can anyone shine some light on this?

Thanks in advance

Ross

Roaming profiles will download EVERYTHING for that user that would normaly be in the 'documents and settings' folder. This includes the 'My documents' folder so if your users use the my documents to store files then this will have to be downloaded and up loaded every time they logon and off. Also the users cookies, temp folder, temp internet files, ect. You get the idea. I like the idea of roamnig profiles and was using it under NT but MS went overboard with 2000.

need to know a little more about your network settings are on your clients

thanks silver dagger....

how do i go about creating a roamin profile then?

W00D...what do you need to know?

Ross