Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Which is better? Norton Corp AV 7.6 or Panda Antivirus 7

We did a trial of various antiviruses for use in schools over the space of three months and panda was just appalling, so much so we had to remove it from the trial schools before the 3 months were up. We found Symantec coporate to be the best most comprehensive AV but we ended up going for McaFee ASAP which was a) very cheap and B) was very simple and fitted our users better.

For home use I'd go with norton 2003 and in a network environment I'd use Symantec corporate.

Some Call Me Tim

yeah I have been using NAV Corp 7.6 for a while and np but I uninstalled it and ran Panda platinum and it fould 6 virus files that NAV corp didnt even find. is NAV corp 8.0 much better than 7.6?

i think it is. i have try the mcafee too but i have the same problem with you.when i installed nav corp 7.6 i found 3 viruses that mcaffe did not find.so i upgrade to 8.and everythink is ok and with lower recources used..

ok Im trying NAV corp 8, still does not detect virus test emails I send myself but Panda does. I dont like panda though because its a hog and crashes my games when realtime protection is on. NAV corp does not do that. ok any suggestions? Is NAV personal still a big memory hog? help me out here

Quote:
ok Im trying NAV corp 8, still does not detect virus test emails I send myself but Panda does. I dont like panda though because its a hog and crashes my games when realtime protection is on. NAV corp does not do that. ok any suggestions? Is NAV personal still a big memory hog? help me out here

what email program are you using? Symantec Corp. 8 works great for outlook 2k and outlook xp, it also does some others.