Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lotus

How many processes do you have running?

28 including F-Prot, NvAppfltr, MBM5, and CMI... so it would be around 25 as my minimum to maintain the functionality I need...

Originally Posted By: Cormac
You realise you resurected a 3 year old thread?

I figure this thread will never die, as long as we are running processes in our computers.

My question is this; how do people find these old threads?

Personally, I figure if there hasn't been a post in a thread for 3 months, tops, it should just be deleted. Not my server, but man man, why keep all this crapola in the database? How's the defrag doin? Heh heh heh crazy

Originally Posted By: Relic

Personally, I figure if there hasn't been a post in a thread for 3 months, tops, it should just be deleted.

IMHO, locked would be better.

121 processes (Fedora Core 6). wink

LOCKED should be the preferred method in that you archive the thread and it's still logged by all the freaking spiders on the net, like Google wink

57. I do a lot of multitasking, so it's much lower on startup.

mostly things like

Anydvd

VPC2007 on 2nd screen

and converter for DIVX-PS3/XB360

ANd my pcs still starts u faster than my laptop wich had a fresh install of xp pro

Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 @ 1.86GHz

2 Gig Ram

Geforce 7300GS.

160GB

DVD Multi recorder

Windows XP

I find it isn't how many processes are running that makes the difference, but which process is causing my system to run at a snail's pace. It is usually the virus checker or antispyware that gives me most problems, so I have to pause the active scanning sometimes. However, the build I am running now has only 256k RAM with Windows XP SP2 Home. It is surprising how stable the system is with virtually no crashes. Often it is my higher end systems that give me problems.

65 Win XP SP2. I have a lot of network monitoring services running, but the system purrs like a kitten; it better, considering I have 4 GB RAM.