Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ViolentGreen

What is True Vector Engine?

I don't think anyone is reading my lockups thread anymore.

Does anyone know what True Vector Engine is? It is failing and causing my xp home system to lockup. This is what the event logs say is happening. The EAPOL application (whatever that is) will start up successfully and then the "True Vector Engine" will fail. This is the message it gives.

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( True Vector Engine ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .

Anyone know what this means or what exactly these applications do?

Yeppers it's ZA............ you might need to un-install ....gut it from the registry and re-install.

Quote:
Yeppers it's ZA............ you might need to un-install ....gut it from the registry and re-install.

The version that i installed was downlaoded about a year ago so I'll get the newest version before reinstalling.

yet another reason to avoid zonealarm like the plague. you'll likely experience fun problems trying to get any other software firewall to work.

Quote:
yet another reason to avoid zonealarm like the plague. you'll likely experience fun problems trying to get any other software firewall to work.

Actually, that wasn't my problem. I am very happy with zone alarm and everyone else I know is as well.

I need help with Zone Alarm. I installed it, i dont think that it completely installed. WHen I try to runit it just freezes or never opens. When I try to install it again, it says true vector engine isnt reachable. WHen i try to uninstall it, it crashes. What can I do? ALso, ever since installing zone alarm, when I go to add/remove programs, there are lots of wierd things that were never there before, and I dont have the option to uninstall anything, even games.