Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ViolentGreen

Link to download individual windows updates

I know there was a link to a site to do this a week or two ago but I can't seem to find it? Can someone repost it?

Quote:
Techspot maybe?

http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/updates/#WindowsXP

* Yup, that's the one I used a few days back... it covers alot of them, but run Windows Update after it anyhow! www.windowsupdate.com had more than that page shows for me @ least!

I got more even after applying all the ones for XP Pro from that site later after applying the ones on techspot...

(Before applying the patches from Windows Update, you can copy them before they execute just so you know, from the MSUpdate or Windows Update folder that forms on your disk... trapping them for later use on your part! Trick I use to get them... when I cannot otherwise, but you have to be QUICK about it watching them as they come in & nabbing them just before execution, because otherwise, they cleanup off the drives once they are done running!)

APK

I think it was on the Microsoft site but I am not for sure. I'll give this site a look.

Quote:
Quote:
I think it was on the Microsoft site but I am not for sure. I'll give this site a look.

Oh, ok... I think you mean the "Corporate Downloads" section @ MS, & guys who are network administrators here no doubt have that link... PM DosFreak, Clutch, or Ds3Circuit for this because I bet that they have that bookmarked!

(Part of their job is to ensure they can distribute those over their LANS/WANS probably in user logon scripts, & they'd need that...)

smile

* Good Luck, hope you find them!

APK

P.S.=> In the meantime, this will help... apk

That is probably what I am thinking of. I havn't had time to test out your link yet.

Great post, Xiven! Now... If only they would add 3rd party (read, non-IE) browser support!!

I want to download and cache updates from Gentoo!

smile

Yes, support for browsers other than IE would be nice, and should be perfectly possible for the corporate downloads section, but for WindowsUpdate "standard", an ActiveX control is used to determine which updates your computer needs, and as yet (to the best of my knowledge) no other browser fully supports ActiveX controls (though efforts are being made to provide ActiveX support for Mozilla).