Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
janericg

Monitor problem ?

I have a Hansol 710P monitor and a ASUS v7100 Pro Videocard,

everything works fine

On my old computer I tried to change the videocard to a GeForce 4,

Windows 2000 starts up and the drivers are found. After a while anything I try to do the computer power cuts off, put the V7100 card back and everything worked fine again.

Now I have a new computer with K7N2 Delta motherboard, new memory, 3 GHz AMD and 300 W power supply and the old graphic card and Hansol monitor.

Tried another GeForce 4 videocard and the same thing happend, power cuts off.

Have just replaced the V7100 with a Sapphire ATI 9600 Pro and the samething happens again, when I try to do anything the computer power cuts off.

Can anyone give me a idea of it´s a monitor problem or something else, the monitor is really the only part that hasn´t been replaced.

When you say the "power cuts off", are you referring to the video signal on the monitor or what ?!?

Please clarify wink

Check what AGP version you have. The new motherboards have agp 3.0 (8x) 1,5V and the specs have to mach. The K7N2 delta has agp 3.0. It could be a power issue (the card not getting enough power). You can increase the agp voltage in the bios (not too much you can damage the card that way too). Did you completley remove the old drivers. You can try a fresh install of windows to see if the same thing happens.

What I mean is that the computer power cuts off, but it gives nothing in the error log and no damage on harddrive when starting up again.

The GeForce 4 card worked fine on a another computer and as stated before the problem did happen on a different motherboard but the same monitor.

Uninstalling is always a problem, I uninstalled the NVidia graphics drivers before trying the ATI card.

Is the PSU the same as before changing motherboards? If so have you tried another PSU yet?

Also the PSU have changed the old motherboard had a 200W PSU and now I have a 300W

Have two cd-drives and two harddrives, one of each has been disconected but the problem still occurs

The GeForce4 workes fine with a 200W PSU at work

- - -

Sorry, due to the fact that I have a 3HGz AMD the PSU is 400W, I am not really sure but the old one was 200W

could this be a problem related to AGP voltage? I know at one point in time the agp voltage changed (3 to 1.5v i seem to remember)) and because of this you can not always swap new cars into old MB. If you notice, your new AGP card prolly came with a warning like "USE ONLY in 1.5v AGP only"

I would triple check that all your agp is the same standard as you risk destroying your mb and cards if it is not.