Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rbduck

DOS screen size while booting

I run XP professional. I use an NEC MultiSync LCD1700m+ monitor.

The native resolution of the monitor is 1280X1024. I have my desktop set to that and there is no problem. But, When booting, everything on the screen looks like it's running about 640X480 and covers a tiny spot on the screen. It use to cover the full screen. Also the monitor pops up a window that says "NON PRESET MODE". I've read a bit on the NEC web site. It addresses "what the problem is", but not how to resolve it. laugh . Any of you guys have a clue? Oh yea, I'm running a ATI Radeon 7200 graphics card....

THanks

Do you have it attached to the DVI cable?

And since the bios and boot screens run in low resoultions the Monitor has to adjust when it's set that low

No, not plugged to anything at this time......THis happened once before and i swear I can't remember what I did to fix it....

can you hit the pause button on the keybaord so you stay at the bootup screen? then adjust the screensize and position as normal using the monitor controls... when done hit enter to continue...

when you boot, if the screen size is adjusted wrong then you'll need to switch to another refresh rate (a refresh other than what your DOS screen uses) this would be a limitation of your monitor if you have to switch refresh rates in windows toa different refresh rate than that of BIOS or DOS. it is a lmitation in how your monitor stores the configuration data for manual adjustments.