Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SuperChicken

persistent mapped shares on samba / domain login script

Hello all,

I'm running a network w/ a samba server that acts as a win98 nt-style domain controller for all of my win9x boxes, and as a standard workgroup server for all my nt5x boxes. When the 98's log in, they automatically run the login script, I had to create a shortcut to the script in the startup menu for the win2k+ machines, since they dotn see the samba server as a domain controller the same way the 9x boxes do.

anyway, I am trying to figure out the equivalent of "persistent login" mapped shares for windows 98. in the login script for win2k, I can have a "/persistent" to have the computer forget the shares when the user shuts down or logs off. is there an equivalent i can put in the win98? also, does anyone know of a script i can use in the logon script to have it only use one script for win98 and one for win2k+?

thanks in advace, I'd like to fix this today so i can go home smile

Quote:
does anyone know of a script i can use in the logon script to have it only use one script for win98 and one for win2k+?

Try using the batch file to figure out which OS you are running. IE =

if %OS%!==Windows_NT! set ostype=NT

Heres a link to help you with your further scripting. And if you are supporting both 9X and NT, try kixtart as a scripting language.

http://www.robvanderwoude.com/robnavbat.html