Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lorddraxar

Pixel Shader Problem (two cards so far)

Time for another impossible question!

I currently have a Geforce FX card with 128 Mb... the low model with a fan...

I noticed that while games use beautiful pixel shaders to produce water waves and such, the surface of the water isn't updated... It isn't that bad if your looking at the water in Morrowind and stand still... But if I move, I quickly realize that the surface isn't updated... so I see reflections of mountains just beforce plain land... and such..

Unreal Tournament 2003 exhibit the same problem and Unreal 2 too... exact same problem.. the surface pixmap is not updated before about 30 seconds...

Looks like I'm missing some of the great effects...

By the way I had an ATI Radeon 9000 before, and exhibited the same problem (the EXACT same problem).

Any ideas?

By the way my system is as follow:

ASUS A7V333

AMD XP 1700+

2 * 256MB DDR333 (total 512 mb)

ASUS V9520TD GFX-5200 128MO DDR TV-OUT/DVI

integrated CMEDIA 8738

HD 80Gb 7200rpm (2mb cache)

Sony DVD-ROM 8x

LG 16-10-40 CD Burner

ATI Tv Wonder VE

All drivers were updated, all updates applied (Windows Update)

DirectX 9.0a

It might just be the game was designed in this way, not exactly the video cards fault. You could mess around with the graphical settings....

This might not help but I have a G4 and if I use any drivers higher than 44.03 there is no Pixel Shadeing. If I use 44.03 its all there and Morrwind looks great.

I have this same sort of problem in Morrowind with my Geforce3. It seems like it takes a while for the pixel shaded water to update itself for some reason. However, this is not that big of a problem, i think it is more the game rather than the video card.