Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PaTiNsAnE

Mouse is acting strange

This is really weird.

Most of the time im on the computer after a while my mouse (Intellimouse Explorer 3.0) just shuts off on me! Then 3-4 seconds later it comes back on, sometimes it wont even come back. Now the mouse is fairly new, I dont understand why it happens, Im thinking its may be a software issue. My monthly reformat is coming maybe that will fix it.

*edit its connected through ps2, USB does same thing

Any ideas would be lovely,

Pat

You should install the latest:

1. ALi integrated driver

2. Microsoft Intellimous driver

It should help.....

sigh, I dont know what to do, It seems so hopeless. I cant stop it!! The driver upgrades did nothing but slow my damn computer down.

Heeeeeeelp!

Pat frown

I am running Windows XP Home with all the ms updates. Just the mouse, it shuts off and the cursor freezes but my computer works fine.

Well guys, I ended up buying a whole new mouse and wouldnt cha know, works fine. I dont understand why the mouse would do that after that short a time, o well.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Pat

it happens once and a while a bad one will slip out of QA. Best thing to do is just return it (MS is good about RMAing mice and such) and grab a new one.

I have a Logitech MX700 mouse, and this thing is great... but yeah thats kinda offtopic.