Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Curley_Boy

My PC won't detect my Logitech Formula Force Wheel

I've been having trouble getting my wingman formular force wheel to work.

I've downloaded the 4.20 drivers from thier website, plugged in all the cables, checked that thier firm etc, then ran the setup utility.

It installs fine, but when I plug the wheel into the usb port and ask the program to detect it, it doesn't find anything. **Note: only one of the two green lights becomes active when I plug it into the mains. (So a faulty adapter?)

I tried installing the wheel again from a cold boot but the same problem happened, both with the built in Windows plug n play system and the software I got from the logitech website; no wheel detected. (The devices show up under the HID section in Device Manager, but thier faded out or have yellow warning symbols next to them).

Any ideas on how I can test whether this is a hardware or software fault? It worked fine a few months ago, but then again, so much can happen to a PC in a few months, no new hardware added though.

Wingman Formular Force Wheel (USB connection)

Logitech 4.20 utlities

Systemboard: ABIT KT7E

Chipset: VIA Apollo KT-133E (VT8363E Northbridge, VT82C686B Southbridge)

BIOS: Award 6.00PG, ABIT 3R

Only my wheel connected to the USB ports

I will try again in a few days and report back (got a ton of essays to do atm) as stated before it worked perfectly a few months ago (both with default WinXP drivers and those provided by the Logitech website) Since then I have done a system re-install, so God knows what's been changed since then!

Well my wheel is installed and working now

(I should have tried turning on plug n play support in the BIOS 1st!) ;(

However in NFSIII I can't get my right paddle to work in game (the wingman software detects it, and so does NFSIII in the menus, but it fails to work during a race).