Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ViolentGreen

svchost.exe

Everytime I connect to the net by dialup this service runs with 99% of my cpu. I cannot make any internet connections until I manually kill this service. I have a total of 3 running. What the hell is this and how the hell can I make it stop pissing me off?

svchost.exe is a generic host process to process executions for drivers and such, dlls, vxds, etc. So it is possible that the problem is with a badly installed, or poorly written driver. I'm no expert, but I was having loads of svchost.exe issues a while back and another member, Nemesis, pointed me to a program called Process Explorer, that when pointed at svchost.exe, showed me all the threads running withint the process and really helped me to track down the issue.

You can get it here:

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

I think u have a problem with Modem Driver .So update new versions all change modem driver to standard driver for modem and see is it happend again?

Quote:
I think u have a problem with Modem Driver .So update new versions all change modem driver to standard driver for modem and see is it happend again?

That is a possibility. I have just restored my laptop to factory settings and have not downloaded any drivers/updates. I'll give that a shot and then look into Avalanche's suggestion.