Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

Microsoft Test 70-270 Windows XP

I gotta take this test in 2 weeks.

I feel like I havent studied enough.

Can anyone provide some links to test with.

All i have is the tests that came with my books.

Nothing to worry about

Be sure you know sysprep and its uses.

Get an examcram2 book to read and go over the finer points. But as long as you have used this product intimately since its release, you should be ok.

I got one exam cram book and the full blown study guide.

Read the latter twice. and still studying up

Just feel like im missing something

Have you taken any of the other MS (or any other vendor's) exams? You will pretty much feel like you're missing something until the first time you see the test. I failed my NT 4.0 Workstation on the first pass, because I had *too much* experience, and many of the questions were wrong (in particular, behavior of NT/9x machines when intermingled with Novell boxes as I had been doing that for over a year at the time). However, I am under the impression that the newer tests are much more factual. Nevertheless, the testing language may throw you as well, so if possible work with Transcenders and the like in order to get used to the question language and structure, and you should be fine.

Quote:
Have you taken any of the other MS (or any other vendor's) exams? You will pretty much feel like you're missing something until the first time you see the test. I failed my NT 4.0 Workstation on the first pass, because I had *too much* experience, and many of the questions were wrong (in particular, behavior of NT/9x machines when intermingled with Novell boxes as I had been doing that for over a year at the time). However, I am under the impression that the newer tests are much more factual. Nevertheless, the testing language may throw you as well, so if possible work with Transcenders and the like in order to get used to the question language and structure, and you should be fine.

My First MS test bro.

I can't afford the trancenders. When I took my network + test and My A + earlier this year, the study guide was right on the money, and I passed with ease. But I ahve been taking every online test I can find to help prepare me for the MS test

If you truly need help .... send me a PM. I'm sure I can dig something up if you are in need.

If you plan on taking your 2003 MCSE, I will be joing you in that endevour. Im just glad I need to upgrade my 2000 one.

laterz

Mine is in the NT4 track (yeah, a little on the old side here :)) and I wasn't all that interested in pursuing the certification since the OS keeps getting overhauled, and along with it the testing. I am going for my CCNA/CCNP at some point this year, so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks guys.

I passed.

2 more to go for my MCSA

BTW do they send you something from MS, like a certificate?

Now im A+, Network +, MCP

look forward to MCSA, then MCSE

BTW when I get MCSA, then MCSE, will I be both?

I mean a MCSA and MCSE?

Since they require different tests and all

Yes you can be both MCSA and MCSE as long as you fulfill the requirements.

If you look at my profile you will see I got both laugh

I myself plan on getting my CCNP this summer smile

Good luck, lemme know if ya need further help.

What test should i pursue next?

The 2003 tests arent out and I was thinking about taking an elective for the MCSE to get out of the way.

What would be the best to take now?

Well, I just got a new job as a DoD contractor for AD/Enterprise Application Development, and I have been advised to hold off until the 2003 exams come out. We will probably be moving to 2003 and skipping 2000 all together in our move from NT 4 domains. Basically, the existing engineers and architects state that many of the qualities are the same, so if you are strong with AD now you should probably just practice with 2003 and then test for that.

Ok will do.

I have server 2003 setup on my Dell so I have to practice in house, but not too many companies give you a DC to use as a guinea pig

Perhaps an elective wouldnt be such a bad idea. I vote for something with ISA 2000, as it can be be applied to the new MCSE security certificiation. The beta tests are coming out in August or so, I'll let ya know how they are. smile

Clutch is correct, Active Directory has gone through some major changes but nothing most admins will truly use in a single domain single site context ... unless of course they will use ADAM.

I've decided to go Security+ as my first elecetive, after my Inet+

It counts as a speciality for my MCSA and an elective towards MCSE

not bad for 200 bucks

Passed my I-net+ and getting my free CIW cert as well.

No on to my Security+

I figured I may have trouble with this one so I ordered 3 books to study

The MS book on Securty+, the Exam Cram, and the Sybex one.

If there are any tips or online documents it would be appreciated.