Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

44.61 beta NVidia drivers: Your verdict?

mr beta man

i dont bother with my ti4600 any more with updated drivers - i have not seen any imnprovement with current ones over previous - mainyl in overclocking - i get better scores and bench's with older drivers made more so for the ti line.

kew kew - i now have 4 comps and 1 laptop in my room, i could use one for testing, but instead using it for an smtp / pop3 smile

i prefer winrar myself smile

what drivers do you guys recommend with my set up? it seems some of the 40.XX drivers slow down my desktop. My specs are seen below, Geforce4 ti 4200, windows xp home, athlon xp 1700+.

thanks

Pat

the 41.09 i get the best overclock on my card - so i stick with them

as for the pop3/smtp

i am learing to run a mail server to provide one for our company, since our current mail provider is often down and seems to likely be selling our email addy to 3rd party companies due to the amount of spam we get.

i have tested this by creating very unique email address - and it still receive spam mail.

Also on other rigs setting up

DNS server

DNS cache server

VPN

Gaming server to host the online game si play (diablo II / UT / Rise of nations / DFLW)

Print / file server

just going nuts - now have 5 comps in my room - getting rather hot in here!

P.S - Alec - u like my new set ups below - did some moving around and got another 2.4 chip laugh

^^^^

new system!..lol

i was SO tempted to get a new mobo and a 800fsb chip!!! so tempting, but i look @ my rigs and i really dont need it, i can game to my hearts content! with no worries, and the second system that i threw my ti4600 in is not really even being used, except to cruch SETI WU as i use the Bh7 rig for my gaming.

My water cooling has yet to arrive - getting impatient!

the only one not over 3ghz is my dell, and i think i will just leave it - i took out the 9700 pro from the dell, since i am using it now only for work and put in an 8500LE 64mb card, which does the job fine @ 1600 x 1200 85mhz.

Thought the 9700 would do better in my BH7 system soon to be water cooled! - if it ever shows up!

as for the admin work - it is all new to me, and i got alot to learn! - they haven't really given me any money, i am using all my own comps and such, but the CEO him self said i i can get a mail server up i will get a purdy bonus, and i know once i do that and the other stuff, they will love me.

i more or less wanted to do this all myself just to learn it, been so bored with things lately needed something new to challenge me! so pop3/dns even doing a redo of our router here to be locked down just perfect! should keep my busy when the g/f is not around.

yep the w/c arrived, most of it. - well, all that i ordered from that one palce.

although i do not want to water cool the 9700 PRO - since it is under warrenty with my dell still (only 1 year but still), so i put my Ti4600 back into my bh7 system - as an example on 3dmark2001 my 9700 vs my ti4600 both got between 15-16,000k on the standard test, so the overclocking has helped push my ti to almost a 9700 pro performace - of course minus using AA and FSAA and such.

if the Ti goes well with water cooling, - i will likely invest in a new mobo for my 2.4a chip a nice new abit is7 or see what they come out with within the next months, then work that sucker up as well and have 2 ultimate gaming machines which frankly i think will booth eat up and spit out doom III with noooooooo problems as anything i throw @ them now have no issues with everything maxed out - even ut2003 on either box.

as for the money, well this company is very good and trusting, it is very small, i am close with the CEO and the owner, so it is not really something it think i have to worry about. and if i do, time to find a new job..lol

and i have learned alot from my past jobs, just nothing related to this, as the only previous job i had that was a "real" job was in a telecommunications company working in operations, where i did alot of data entry and i just kind of hung around the IT's and learned what i could.