!Riva-Tnt Problem!

I have some problems using my Hercules Riva

Tnt card in Win2000.

I cant play any 3D games, cause:

Direct3D acceleration and Agp support

are not available.

Any help would be appreciated.

My icq# 51085169

I'm just waiting to see how long it takes for you to be flamed for not using the SEARCH FEATURE, as this question has been answered several times before.

However, I'm feeling nice, so use the 3.52 drivers. That will fix everything. D3D will work fine and world hunger will be eliminated.

Ok - I lied. (About the D3D working fine) smile.gif

Morto.

Actually, you won't see too much flame on this any more. We're all too damn tired of reading posts from newbie idiots saying "Why won't this hardware work?".

Evenutually, they may learn, but it is rather unlikely.

And for Sebu, USE THE F*CKING SEARCH OPTION!! IT'S THERE FOR A REASON YOU DUMB SH*T!

Just had to get that off my chest, thanks.

------------------

Just once, I'd like to see an elementary particle physicist use *ZOT* when referring to accelerator operations. Is that too much to ask?

Search is hard to see for some of the people that dont have eyes to see that search link. Try different driver version from nVidia. Betaos.com has some that work quite well...

I'm definitely NOT agreeing that the Search link is hard to see, but...

Maybe if Search were given an icon next to the "Post New Topic" and "Post Reply" icons?

Just an idea...

Yah byron I think they need to make the search link a little bit bigger maybe take up the whole top 1/2 of the screen and people will notice it.

yes i have the same problem with my tnt card and i have searched the board and downloaded

all the drivers and still do not have d3d or agp support.all the posts i have seen refer to older builds of win2k (i run 2195.3) it would be nice to see someone address this question on build 2195. (all the posts on this topic i have been able to search for are in reference to rc1 or rc2 or other builds NOT 2195) I am not a newbie i work in the IT field and have been able to setup my v2 card for glide and my tnt card to work with opengl without any problems but when it comes to d3d i am just SOL. I have only seen 2 games that will work in d3d mode and they are UT and wheel of time. everything else that needs d3d does not see my tnt card.

any help would be great.

i have tried all the drivers i can find about 7 or 8 of them including the 3.66 everytime i run dxdiag it has d3d disabled and agp disabled.i have tried installing them by going to the win2k default driver first then up[censored] the driver as well as just up[censored] the driver and everytime d3d and agp is disabled (also d3d games do not see my tnt card except for UT and wheel of time)does anyone using a tnt card show d3d and agp enabled with win2k 2195.3 i will be upgrading to a tnt2 card this week and will try re-installing win2k again.is it possible another card could be in conflict i have diamond mx300 snd card and a wintv pci tv tuner card and a smc etherpower2 pci nic running on a p2 450 with 256meg ram. sometimes when i restart the pc the sound is all messed up until i powerdown the system.

i also have a v2 12 meg card and a aopen ax6b motherboard.

again any help would be great.

Yes he does. We've dealt with this question a billion times, and are getting quite tired of it.

Hum guyz, I think that Sebu an glenfre are true. It's the same to me : so far no one explain what's the prob with my video card. It's an ASUSv3800 (TNT2). Everybody is speaking about TNT2 but noone never mention v3800 so all the explaination aren't for me.

Can some one EXACTLY tell me what I have to do on the EXACT following system :

Asusv3800 (not a tnt2 generic card : MY card)

Win2k 2195.3 (not a generic version : MY version)

unbrained user (not a generic user : ME)

smile.gif

Hey newbies : try to interpolate answers, then test the solution, if it still does not work, read further, and the finally, ask the board.

btw, where can i find Win2k final release ??? wink.gif

Awx

pS : me french, me speak bad english

Well, to make someone else's day seem less painful, here is something that will make you laugh (and unfortunately not WITH me). Since I only have RC2 2128, I have found out from others (eskreme) that I can not use the 3.6x drivers. So I tried to fix this by taking the inf file from 3.53 and taking the new files from 3.66 and naming them as the old file names from 3.53 and I tried to use them with the old 3.53 .inf. Dumb move! Well, Opengl would no longer work and d3d was horrible with the old "no clipping mode" from Doom was how Unreal Tournament would look. Nothing worked. Well, I even tried installing the original 3.53 drivers and that still nothing worked. So I had to get rid of window 2k and re-install it all over again. But like everyone says, it is still a beta OS and Beta drivers.

[This message has been edited by Tim Bazzinett (edited 13 January 2000).]