Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HELLBRINGER

Help me plz!!! Installing Perl... How?

Hi guys.... Let me start off by saying I know nothing about programming languages, or databases... I have a friend who is a web designer, does a lot of stuff in PHP and perl. Now I already have PHP installed and it works, with one of my other friends help some time ago. We are using mysql database server as well... But now my friend wants to use perl scripts too, but he doesnt know how to install them, and I don't either... He already has the scripts and stuff made, all we need is for the server to be able to process them.

So, i've installed Perl, but that is where i'm stuck. I have Apache 1.3 version installed on my Win2k server, and Mysql and php are installed, all working... So how do I get perl to work?

So is what I need is a simple, step-by-step guide to get this thing running so my designer can see his perl scripts are working...

I'm sorry, this is a newbie (n00b) question... But we all were n00bs once right?

hhehe.... thanks guys!

Cool! Thx... I should only have to do a few minor config changes to apache (since my website is in another folder) and copy my current DB into the new mysql, and I should be set...

Right?

Thanks a bunch!